Choose a free checking account with interest
We basically pay you to bank here! Free Kasasa Cash® checking pays up to 2.00% APY* on your balance every month.
You’ll also get refunds on your ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide* — so whether you’re here in Pittsburgh or elsewhere, you can get to your money when and where you need it. Link your account to a free Kasasa Saver® to make saving easy. Visit us today to open your Kasasa Cash account!
- Free checking that pays interest
- 2.00% APY* on balances up to $20,000
- 2.00% to 0.25% APY on balances over $20,000 depending on balance in account*
- 0.01% APY* if qualifications aren't met
- Refunds on ATM withdrawal fees, nationwide (up to $20 monthly) if qualifications are met*
- Link this account to a free Kasasa Saver account for automatic savings
- No minimum balance to earn rewards
- No monthly service fee
- Free AVB Online banking
- Free AVB Mobile banking**
- Free e-Statements
- Free Visa® debit card
- $20 minimum deposit to open
Earning your rewards is easy.
To earn your rewards, just do the following transactions and activities in your Kasasa Cash account during each Monthly Qualification Cycle:
- Have at least 12 debit card purchases post and settle
- Be enrolled in and log into online banking
- Be enrolled in and agree to receive e-Statements
And if you don’t meet these qualifications, your account is still free.
And you’ll still earn our base interest rate. Plus, you can get right back to earning your full rewards the very next monthly cycle that you qualify. See? No sweat!
* Qualification Information: Account transactions and activities may take one or more days to post and settle to the account and all must do so during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in order to qualify for the accounts rewards. The following activities do not count toward earning account rewards: ATM-processed transactions, transfers between accounts, debit card purchases processed by merchants and received by our Bank as ATM transactions, non-retail payment transactions, and purchases made with debit cards not issued by our Bank. Transactions bundled together by merchants and received by our institution as a single transaction count as a single transaction for the purpose of earning account rewards. “Monthly Qualification Cycle” means a period beginning one (1) business day prior to the first day of the current statement cycle through one (1) business day prior to the close of the current statement cycle. Reward Information: When your Kasasa Cash account qualifications are met during a Monthly Qualification Cycle, (1) balances up to $20,000 receive APY of 2.00%; and balances over $20,000 earn 0.2497% interest rate on the portion of balance over $20,000, resulting in a range from 0.25% to 2.00% APY depending on the account’s balance and (2) you will receive reimbursements up to an aggregate total of $20 (max. $4.99 per single transaction) for nationwide ATM withdrawal fees imposed by other financial institutions and incurred during the Monthly Qualification Cycle in which you qualified. An ATM receipt must be presented for reimbursements of individual ATM withdrawal fees of $5.00 or higher. We reimburse ATM withdrawal fees based on estimates when the withdrawal information we receive does not identify the ATM fee. If you have not received an appropriate reimbursement, we will adjust the reimbursement amount if we receive the transaction receipt within sixty (60) calendar days of the withdrawal transaction. When Kasasa Cash qualifications are not met, ATM withdrawal fees are not refunded, and with the exception of the last business day of the statement cycle and any holidays or days our institution does not process transactions that occur thereafter through the end of the statement cycle (collectively “Cycle End Days”), the interest rate paid on the entire balance will be 0.01%. On each Cycle End Day the Kasasa Cash Qualifying interest rate and the Kasasa Cash Qualifying annual percentage yield will be paid on your balances. The application of these rates to your balances over the statement cycle will result in an annual percentage yield ranging from 0.01% to 2.00%, depending on the balance and the days on which the balances are held. Interest and ATM withdrawal fee reimbursements will be credited to your Kasasa Cash account on the last day of the current statement cycle. APY = Annual Percentage Yield. APYs accurate as of 06/06/2016. Rates and rewards are variable and may change after account is opened. Fees may reduce earnings. Additional Information: Account approval, conditions, qualifications, limits, timeframes, enrollments, logons and other requirements apply. $20 minimum deposit is required to open the account. Monthly, enrollment in online banking, receipt of electronic statements is a condition of this account. Enrollment in electronic services (e.g. online banking, electronic statements, and logons may be required to meet some of the accounts qualifications. Limit one (1) account per social security number. There are no recurring monthly service charges or fees to open or close this account. Contact one of our financial center representatives for additional information, details, restrictions, processing limitations and enrollment instructions. Kasasa and Kasasa Cash are trademarks of Kasasa, Ltd., registered in the U.S.A. This is not a Truth and Savings disclosure for this account type. Refer to your new account disclosures when the account is opened or ask a Financial Center Representative for a copy of the Truth and Savings disclosures to review if this is the right product for you.
**Please note: Allegheny Valley Bank’s Mobile Banking App is available to Allegheny Valley Bank customers only. Customers must first be enrolled in online banking. Available on iPhone and AndroidTM apps. Subject to availability requirements. Wireless carrier fees may apply.